Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Monday, March 30, 2009

Week Four Marathon Update

The week didn't go as well as I had hoped that it would. I still wasn't feeling well and had a hard time of it. My body just wasn't up to it. I had a couple of workouts during the week and tried to prepare for the weekend run. This time it was only three miles. We were out of town on Saturday morning so my plan was to do it on Sunday morning instead. So the alarm went off, I got up to get ready, and then I looked outside. This is what I saw:

Now I know that most hard-core runners wouldn't have let a few inches of snow get in the way of a good workout, but I opted to stay inside where it was warm. This morning, however, I did get up and go with Olivia. The only problem was that it was 18 degrees outside. While we had good intentions to go for a nice run, we ended up just walking because we were just too cold! I do love the winter but it really is not very condusive to marathon training. I am looking forward to this coming weekend but it's going to be a killer - SEVEN MILES!

2 comments:

The Family Rasheed said...

Wendie, you inspire me!!!!

Tiffani said...

This is what the inside of our apartment looked like in college while you were drying your hair with the front door open!