Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bagel Making

Recently, I found a website that I have really enjoyed that talks a lot about frugal living, living debt free, and also includes lots of recipes which I am always on the lookout for. I came across a recipe for homemade bagels which I had never tried before. It sounded easy enough and something that I could probably handle. So.... Emma and I whipped up a batch and they turned out WONDERFULLY! They were gone in less than two days and they are really healthy. It's so nice to find a snack for my family that is healthy and delicious. Here are a few pictures of our bagel making afternoon.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Is it Happy Housewife? She actually lived on the base we were on and left right before we got here, but I have met her when she came to visit. Her blog is so fun!

Tracie said...

I got to try one of them while Mom and Dad were here. It was yummy!

Emily said...

Hi Wendie! Okay, so what is the website/recipe? Seeing the picture of cute Emma holding that tray of bagels gave me a flashback of the picture I have of you holding a tray of bagels for Kim's 20th b-day! Do you remember?

Kim and Jim said...

As I was reading this, I couldn't help but think of my wonderful Bagel Cake- remember that? And those almost-daily trips to Einstein's while working at LDSBC? I remember Linda (in the Registration Office) would always let me go on a bagel run, as long as I brought her back a pumpernickle bagel, ha ha!

Ok, so you have to share the website address, so I can try making some bagels!!
Kim

The Family Rasheed said...

I am not surprised they turned out well. You are a great baker!!!