Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Week 3 Marathon Update

Well...... my marathon training was actually derailed a bit this week. The girls and I have been struggling with colds. I thought that mine was fairly minor so I went ahead with my Monday and Tuesday workouts which went well. On Tuesday night Samantha woke up with severe ear pain and I knew she had an ear infection. I was up through the night with her so first thing Wednesday we took Sam to the doctor to get an antibiotic. Unfortunately that meant that my Wednesday morning workout didn't happen. By Thursday morning I could tell that my cold was moving into my chest but I wanted to persevere! That evening I did a great workout with my friend Olivia. I felt energized and figured that the fresh air had done me good. Friday morning I woke up not feeling well at all so I took a rest day hoping that the rest would help me to feel much better by Saturday morning. My hopes were dampened on Saturday when I woke up at 4am and I knew that there would not be a five mile run. (Thanks to Olivia who came by the house to accompany me on the run, even though I had to tell her I wouldn't be going.) I'm still not much better today so I am very disappointed. I was really looking forward to doing the five miles. But, I know that if I don't take care of myself then next week's workouts will be in jeopardy as well. We'll keep our fingers crossed that all goes well in the coming week. Here's to getting back on track!!!

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Sorry to hear about the colds. Hope you all are feeling a bit better today.

Kim and Jim said...

I'm so excited for you to run the marathon! I wish we were going up to Boise in a couple of months- we may be going up there next month to visit Jim's brother & his family.

Anyways, I was seriously considering the St George marathon this year. It's in October and I've always wanted to run it. However, Heavenly Father decided to send us a baby in October instead, so perhaps I'll do the marathon another time. I'll be checking your blog to see how you're doing!
Kim

The Family Rasheed said...

I didn't even know you were sick. I guess I am not a very good friend am I?