Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Week Seven Marathon Update


This morning I woke up really tired and I just wanted to stay in bed. I was so warm and comfy under those blankets. But I was meeting my friend, CarrieAnn at 6:30 so I knew I needed to get up. We started out and very soon met up with another friend, Annie. So the three of us went together and did eight miles. It was a little chilly when we started but by mile 3 we were nice and warm. We went all throughout the countryside and it really was beautiful. I've always gone by myself each weekend but it was so nice to have company along the way, especially by about mile 5 when we started to tire out a bit. But at mile 6 there was a car with some quick snacks and water waiting for us which we were grateful for. It was a nice pick-me-up when we really needed it. The only down side was that it took us a little longer than we thought it would - a little over two hours. We still want to finish the thirteen miles within three hours so we'll have to work a bit on picking up the pace. But it was a great accomplishment for me and I'm so glad I'm doing this. Next weekend the training schedule takes us back down to four miles so I'll have another update in a week! Happy Training!!!

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Great job so far! Way to go!

The Family Rasheed said...

Awesome!!!! I love that you are setting a great example of fitness for everyone!!!!