Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Monday, August 4, 2014

Pickle Making!

Our garden has given us a nice harvest this year.  A couple of weeks ago, Mark picked 18 cucumbers one morning and was excited to make his mom's Refrigerator Dill Pickle recipe.  They were very easy and best of all - all the ingredients were grown in our garden.
The cucumbers, the dill, the garlic -
....and the onions.
They turned out beautifully.....not to mention how fun it is to see my husband in the kitchen!

1 comment:

Kim and Jim said...

Yaay for yummy food out of the garden, and for a husband who knows his way around the kitchen! My little garden is sadly failing this year. Except for zucchini- we are going to have tons of that! And a few little tomatoes. But my peas and beans died. Hmm.

I am very impressed with your 4-H accomplishments! I need to look into 4-H down here. I did it a little bit as a kid and remember how much fun it was. We didn't have a big competition like you guys do, it was mostly just groups we signed up for and met every so often to work on fun things. I did make a skirt at 4-H, and took an outdoor cooking class where we learned how to make little bunsen burners and cook biscuits on a stick over them :)

We really should get together sometime. We need to do another roommate reunion- maybe next summer when Em and I are not pregnant.