Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Trip to Twin Falls

Last week we had the opportunity to travel to Twin Falls for a couple of days to attend the wedding of my dear friend, Tonya, in the Twin Falls temple.  I was Tonya's Young Women President and we developed a close relationship in the years that I served in that capacity so it meant so much to me to receive an invite to her wedding.  It was in the middle of the week so we had to take Emma and Samantha out of school for two days but we decided to go for it since we didn't go anywhere for Spring Break.  Our drive there was pretty uneventful (thank goodness) so in the hotel, Mark took the older two girls to the swimming pool to play and burn energy so Clara and I hunkered down in our room and I let her watch Baby Einstein videos on my Kindle.  She was VERY focused on her video and I thought it was too cute!
Clara just LOVES Baby Einstein and it has been such a life saver for me to keep her occupied when I need to get other things accomplished!
On Thursday morning we went to the temple.  Tonya's younger sister watched our girls for us so Mark and I could go in and be at the ceremony.  Afterwards, while we were waiting for Tonya to emerge, we took a few pictures on the lovely grounds.  It was a beautiful, spring day and it was just so nice being there.



Emma and Samantha were thrilled to see Tonya in her wedding dress....they always loved her, too.  Afterwards, Samantha said, "I feel really emotional now and I don't know why!"  ha ha ha 
It was a special experience for us and a fun family trip!  I am so grateful that I could be there!

1 comment:

Kim and Jim said...

I WISH I could have met up with you in Twin Falls!! That is where Jim is from, his parents live just minutes away from the temple. We are actually going there on May 11th for his Grandma's 90th Birthday. Anyways, I'm really feeling in need of another Roommate Reunion... we should plan something, whaddya think?