Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Monday, April 29, 2013

Grande Ronde Rehab Run

Every year in La Grande our Hospital sponsors a family fun-run to promote exercise in our community.  The Grande Ronde Rehab Run is popular and I decided to challenge myself to run it.  As everyone knows, I am NOT a runner but I do try to exercise regularly, push myself, and set goals to work towards.  My girlfriend Elise (who IS a runner - and a fast one) ran the race as well.  I have the greatest husband and kids who are wonderfully supportive and they followed me in the van while I raced - Emma and Samantha even got out for a while and ran with me!
As I sprinted toward the finish line - Elise and and the girls were there waiting for me which was awesome.  While my time was fairly slow, it was a personal best and filled with personal rewards!  I am learning that it doesn't matter if I am the fastest out there - all that matters is that I try!!!

No comments: