Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Celebrate the Harvest

For the first time this year I decided to learn how to do some home canning. It was tricky at first but I caught on quickly and am grateful for the talent that I learned. With all the instability going on in the world today, I feel fortunate to have our food storage and know that it was worth the hard work of growing the garden, doing the canning, making the jam, etc. I did peaches, pears, syrups, pickles, relishes, apple butter, pear butter, applesauce and countless batches of several varieties of jam. We feel blessed to have such kind friends and neighbors who shared their bounty with us.

Here is Mark harvesting our potatoes. The growing season wasn't quite long enough here in the mountains for the potatoes but we did get a small box ful and we'll definitely put it all to use.

No comments: