Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tucson Trip!

This past weekend I was able to take a trip down to Tucson, Arizona!  My brother, Todd, and his family live there and my nephew was being baptized.  Todd moved there a couple of years ago and I had yet to see him there.  So..... me, along with my other sisters decided to make the trek.  However, I went by myself and left Mark and the girls at home!  I was a little nervous about this but I figured it would be good to have a few days away from home. :)  I flew with Hollie and her girls out of the Tri-Cities airport.  My niece, Karlie, and I sat by each other and had a wonderful time!
She kept me very busy with lots of activities which I loved!  At one point, Karlie said "We need to spend more time with each other!"  (Love that)
Lillie was having such a happy time on the airplane!  She was so excited to be there and to have an adventure!  She kept everyone around her giggling while she sangs songs for all to hear!
We flew to Phoenix and met Shellie and Tracie.  Shellie brought her baby, Jackson and we all hunkered down at a hotel for the night before heading to Tucson the next morning.  Here is Jackson playing in the hotel room.  What a cutie!
We made it to Tucson on Saturday morning.  Todd had yet to even meet Jackson so they had an introduction and then were inseperable the rest of the weekend!
Todd has a cat and Jackson was fascinated with her!
Luke is a monkey!  He has lots of energy and was literally climbing the walls with excitement at having all the family there!

Aunt Hollie and Aunt Tracie kept the kids occupied with puzzles and games.
Todd and Jackson really developed a special bond that was so precious to see.



Hollie and Karlie having a quiet moment together....
We all went to the Stake Center on Saturday afternoon to watch Luke be baptized!  What a special occasion.  Watching Todd pick up his son after coming out of the water was so touching and at that moment I was so happy to be there to witness it!  Everyone was teasing me that I was taking Mom's place by being the one to shed all the tears. 
Mom and Sissy were very proud!  Katie was so adorable - she told me she couldn't wait to turn eight so she could be baptized, too.


Cute family!
Uncle Todd with his nieces....
All the cousins....
All of us together - sure wish that the rest of the family could have been there, too.
On Sunday after Church we took a drive to the Saguaro State Park.  The desert was gorgeous!  The visitors center had lots of information and we drove to the "Old Tucson" studios.  Since it was Sunday we didn't go in, but we wanted to take a picture to remember that we were still there!
The desert sunset was breathtaking, along with the thousands of Saguaros we saw.  I had no idea that the desert had such beauty.  The sun went down way too fast - we wanted to stay and see so much more.  We were missing Stephanie and Jon with their families, and Mom and Dad.  They were with us in spirit, though. 

We had to leave Monday morning to come home so it was a short visit.  We said our goodbyes to everyone and then Hollie and I and the girls decided to hit "Red Robin" for lunch before our return flight.  It was loads of fun and the little ones had lots of energy.  Man - I love this girl!!!  I love being an aunty!
Mommy and Lills - so sweet!
We really had an amazing time - I wish the visit could have been longer.  It makes me miss my siblings and my nieces and nephews.  We just don't get to see each other enough unfortunately and I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Shellie and Joshua said...

Thanks for all the pictures Wendie. We had lots of fun. Jackson misses everyone!