Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

It's hard to believe that Halloween has arrived once again!  Emma and Samantha have been not-so-patiently waiting for it to arrive and they have had their costumes planned out for several weeks now.  Of course, you can't celebrate Halloween without carving the pumpkin.  Thanks to Daddy for doing such a good job on the carving!


At first it was decided that we were going to have a "scary" face on the jack-o-lantern.  I guess we'll just settle for the girls posing with scary faces.
As you can see, Samantha went as a cheerleader this year.  Here she is posing in her classroom before the school costume parade. 
Emma was a sneaky cat.  I wasn't able to make it to her classroom before the parade started so I caught this picture of her in the school gym.
We headed to the church for the annual "Trunk-or-Treat."  Samantha was dancing around in her costume all day.  I'm sure that she now has a new goal in life and that is to become a cheerleader for reals!!!

A friend of mine let us borrow a costume for Clara - it is a little pink monster and it was adorable on her and she seemed to like it when we first put it on her but after about five minutes she wanted out of it!  At least we got a picture of her wearing a costume for her first Halloween.
This picture has nothing whatsoever to do with Halloween, but she was taking a little nap in her swing this afternoon and she was really snuggling with her blanket.  It was too precious not to share.
This year I made a deal with the girls that I would buy their candy from them for $5 so we could donate it somewhere.  We don't need the extra sugar!  They accepted my deal (I still can't believe it) so now we are left with a VERY large bag of candy.  Hopefully I'll find a nice place to donate it to before Daddy finds the stash!

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Aww, what beautiful girls! I'm glad they had such a fun day. Love you guys!

Shellie and Joshua said...

Love the costumes and I love the picture of Clara in her swing. She looks so sweet!