Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Grandma

On November 9th my Grandma Peggy passed away pretty unexpectantly.  We always had a family joke that she had nine lives because she could be very ill and all of a sudden would recover and be better than she was before.  This was one of those same situations - she was in the hospital and she did perk up and seemed to be doing much better.  However a few hours later her body just gave up.  She passed away very peacefully with my mom and dad by her side.  I have been feeling guilty since her passing, wishing that I had called her that day to wish her well.  I should have visited more, called more often, sent more letters and cards.  Yesterday was her funeral and although she is gone, it ended up being a really wonderful day.  The service was beautiful and it was great to be able to visit with my aunts and uncles who we don't get to see very often.  I'm grateful to have had a grandmother who always loved her family.  I'm also grateful that my children were able to have a few shorts years with their great-grandmother.  We'll miss you!

No comments: