Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Sunday, May 2, 2010

School Field Trip

It has been a few weeks since I have made any posts to our blog - not that things haven't been happening with us, but because our computer has been so dreadfully slow and I didn't want to take the time and sit for five minutes to wait for each individual picture to download. However, we purchased some extra ram this week and then installed it on Friday night and now the computer works WONDERFULLY! I'm so grateful!!! Now I can be more on the ball with filling you all in on how things are going for our family.

Being a stay at home mom, I am fortunate enough to be able to volunteer in Emma's classroom which I love doing. At the beginning of April I was a chaperone on a class field trip to the local newspaper office where the kids learned how to put a newspaper together. They then came back to school and the rest of the week worked on publishing their own newspaper. Emma and I had a fun time together and I loved being there with her.The machines were very loud for the kiddos, but of course it was the most exciting element of their tour.
Here she is at the end of the tour where she saw how the ads are inserted and the newspapers are loaded up.
Emma enjoys really enjoys learning so this was a very fun experience for her.

No comments: