Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Making Applesauce!

Our family LOVES homemade applesauce so I always make sure to make a large amount each fall.  For several years I have been doing applesauce and borrowing an applesauce maker from a ward member but this year I had my OWN applesauce maker that Mark got me for our anniversary!  It sure worked great and the girls were anxious to help me!
We got our apples at the local farmers market and they were very large and beautiful!
Emma was the super helper and cut up all the apples into pieces to be cooked.....
Then she would crank while Samantha collected the hot applesauce.  It made me very happy to be canning with my girls!
On this day we made 13 quarts of sauce and they turned out beautifully.  The sauce will be a wonderful addition to our meals during the long winter months.
Sure love this season!

No comments: