Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Around the World

Tonight's activity on our Advent Calendar was to learn about Christmas traditions in other countries.  I went to the library last week and found some good books that were great resources for me and I did alot of research on the internet.  I decided to go with traditions from our heritage so I chose England, France, and Norway.
We talked about a few Christmas customs and I made a dish from each country: an English trifle, potatoes gratin (France), and Norwegian pancakes.  Everything was really delicous.
I really like the idea of incorporating these different traditions into our own family.  We'll see what next year brings....

No comments: