Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Clara Elizabeth!!!

Wow!  I can't believe it happened - my baby girl turned a year old today!  I have very mixed emotions.  I am so proud of her sweet spirit but sad that an entire year has passed.  I just want to bottle her up and keep her just the way it is.  Mixed feelings aside, we did try to do a few things to help her celebrate her big day.  We started out with a birthday breakfast at Dennys.  She ate part of a biscuit and some pancake with syrup.  It was sure yummy!
We came home and got some chores done and the girls helped me make her cake.  This is a picture of them putting sprinkles on it.
She had a nice birthday nap and then we had a birthday dinner - chicken nuggets and french fries!  Now who wouldn't love that?  She ate a couple of each and had a VERY full tummy afterwards!

After dinner we decided to go for a little drive so Clara could try out her new car seat!  She sits forward facing now and I think she really likes it!  She talked and talked during our drive like she finally had lots to say.

Then it was time to come home and open birthday presents.  Her grandma and grandpa and aunts and uncles spoiled her as they always do.  She got lots of new toys that make music which is perfect for her because Clara loves music!
Daddy tried to get her to blow out her birthday candle but mostly she just wanted to dig into the cake....literally!

I'm thinking that she really liked her cake!

She was so filthy afterwards that we had to put her in the bath tub and clean her up.  Then she got into her nice, comfy pajamas that came from Gramma and Grampa.
I sure love my little girl!
What a blessing Clara has been to our family!  I can not imagine our family without her!  We love you pookie!

No comments: