Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Special Day

Emma turned eight years old over the weekend!  I can't believe how quickly time has flown by and how grown up she is.  I am not ready to be the mother of an eight year old! :)  We had a grand celebration with lots of family - first a birthday party on Friday night with cake and ice cream and PRESENTS!  The one thing she has been asking for this past year was an American Girl doll - her aunts and uncles made her wish come true and she was absolutely thrilled!

On Saturday we held her baptism and it was a very special experience.  Her daddy baptized her and her family all participated in the service and showed so much support.  She was pretty nervous about having lots of attention on her, but she got through it with a few tears and lots of hugs and kisses.
After the baptism we spent the day at the church with all our family playing games and making crafts and eating lots of good food.  The girls had the best time with their cousins and they were also able to come to church with us the next day before heading back to their own homes.  It was a perfect weekend!  We are so proud of Emma and the young lady she has become!  We love her very much!

3 comments:

Jack and Mel said...

How exciting! Congrats to Emma! Wish I could have been there! I miss you and your cute girls! Tell them I said hi!

Shellie and Joshua said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Wendell! I'm glad she liked the American Girl doll. Wish we could have been there for all the festivities! Love you guys!

Kim and Jim said...

Congratulations, Emma! Is she really 8 already?? Wow!

I got your Christmas card today- SUPER cute! I'm so glad I got to see you this summer, I really hope we can do it more often.

Merry Christmas!