Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blogging Again....

It's been two months since my last blog post and unfortunately I haven't been keeping up on it as I should....in fact, I haven't really been taking too many pictures. I suppose we've just been too busy. However, I would like to share a few random pictures that I've taken over the past several weeks. These are of the girls playing together. It's so fun to watch them enjoy being sisters with each other.
We have had such a mild winter this year - I think it's only snowed three times all season. Although I miss not seeing the snow this year, it has been advantageous because the girls have spent so much more time outside burning their energy! We have some nice neighbors next door with teenage daughters who are so kind to Emma and Sam. They let the girls play with a badmitton set and they had a fabulous time! Emma is growing up so quickly. Every day there is something new and she gets closer and closer to not needing me as much anymore. This is very hard for me to watch but I'm trying to let her be her own person and find her way with her classmates and her other activities. Apparently it is "all the rage" to wear a side ponytail to school so Emma wanted me to take a picture of her before school to prove how stylish it is.
I did have a birthday in January...not that I want to commemorate the fact that I turned 33. I did agree to take one picture with the girls after we opened presents. I actually did have a wonderful birthday spent with family and friends which I am very grateful for.
Yesterday Mark had his birthday and I will spare him the agony and not announce his age to everyone. :) Hopefully he had a nice day. I snapped a few pictures as we were having cake and ice cream and opening up presents. (I think that Emma and Sam usually have more fun at our birthdays than we do.)
I will definitely try to be better about documenting the events going on in our family so I can share them all with you!

1 comment:

Kim and Jim said...

Good to hear from you again, Wendie! And I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. I did think of you, just at the wrong moments to do something about it (our family had the stomach flu that week- it was Aspen's B-day on the 25th too, so it was a rough week being sick and all). Glad you had a good day! Emma is looking more and more like you every day!