Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Friday, July 31, 2009

Anyone Up For A......Triathlon?

This morning my friends and I participated in our first ever triathlon! It was a really wonderful (and exhaustive) experience and I'm SO glad that I did it! Never in my life would I have imagined that one day I would complete a triathlon so I feel a great sense of accomplishment. If any of you are wondering just what is involved, it requires a 1/2 mile swim, a 12 mile bike ride, and then a 5k run. We have been training together all summer.

I finished in 1 hour 49 minutes. My good husband was there to take pictures throughout the morning. Unfortunately for me, it's near impossible to come up with a flattering photo after nearly two hours of intense physical exercise....LOL (Pictured: Alisa Rasheed, Jeannette Smith, Elise McIlmoil, myself, and Erin Jones.) I sure love these girls! We've done a half marathon and now a triathlon - I wonder what's next for us?

2 comments:

Shellie and Joshua said...

Congrats Wendell-
I'm really proud of you. Hopefully I will see you next week?

Elise and Rich said...

I am so very proud of you Wendie!! You did awesome, I am sure you will do even better on the next one!