Fall Colors

Fall Colors
"The greatest work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home." - Harold B. Lee

Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

We've never really been into celebrating the New Year with parties and staying up until the wee hours of the morning. Since having kids, we usually watch the ball drop on the East Coast, share a quick kiss and a glass of sparkling cider, and then say goodnight. (Midnight is just too late for us). But in keeping with the spirit of starting fresh, we always try to set some good goals for our family to work on. We don't always reach all of our goals, but we do try. What is it about the New Year that makes us feel motivated and feel like we can achieve anything? But why is it that so many of us tend to give up on our goals after a few months? If anyone has any ideas on how to keep up the dedication to our goals that we set, we'd love to hear your input!

In any event..... Happy New Year to all of our family and friends! We wish you all a wonderful 2009!

1 comment:

The Family Rasheed said...

Here's a thought... I don't make resolutions for the new year! I just feel like unless I am willing to resolve every day to do something it's not going to work. So, setting goals for the new year rarely works for me because there is really only one day out of the year that I am resolved to do it. Instead I try to focus on the things I can improve on daily such as being better about picking up the house, saying no to one bad food a day that I crave (maybe I will eventually loose some weight?). Anyway, that is what I try to do.